Your Website By the Numbers
Results of a recent study, as published by searchenginewatch.com, revealed some startling statistics of oversights that many small business websites are making.
In the analysis of one million websites from 14 countries, including 700,000 from the US, just 19.5% include a Facebook link and even fewer offer Twitter or LinkedIn links. Of that group, 60% did not include a local or toll-free phone number on their homepage.
Small to medium sized businesses are already at a disadvantage when competing with companies with much larger budgets. Presenting contact information and multiple ways to interact with visitors is essential for all websites, especially small to medium sized businesses whose sole interaction with potential and existing clients may be through their website.
The study also revealed:
- 74.7 percent lack *email links on their homepage for consumers to contact the business.
- 65.7 percent lack a contact form.
- 93.3 percent are not mobile compatible and will not render successfully on mobile devices or smartphones.
*While including contact information to visitors is crucial, we advise against exposing your email address to Spammers. Instead, we recommend encouraging visitors to fill out a secure web form that is submitted via email and archived in your content management system.
With more business interaction happening online, a well-conceived website can level the playing field.
Don't Be a Statistic
Give visitors the information that they need to interact with you up front, like a phone number, email address, physical address, and hours of operation.
In addition to being able to control website content, every Fission Web System site includes:
- Calls to action on your homepage to drive visitors to your primary goal.
- Social media links to all of your preferred platforms with the ability to interact via Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn right from the backend of your site.
- Customizable contact forms.
Already have a website but need an update to include social media callouts, calls to action, or just a content refresh? Contact 360 PSG and get started today.