Nowadays, many website owners are taking advantage of tools which can record website traffic and trends. This in-depth information can benefit marketing efforts and help you to develop and shape your company or organization's goals.
To track these, a script, or code is generated. Instructions state to put this code into the template of the website, however, the template manager is not accessible to users of the CMS. A simplified method of achieving this is available to anyone with basic editing permissions through the Module Manager.
How to Setup Google Analytics
The first thing you'll need is a new Google or Gmail account with an Analytics profile attached to it. Setting this up requires a number of technical steps that may require the average user to contact our Fission CMS Support Desk. If you'd like to give it a shot, here's a good instructional guide provided by Google Support.
How to Add Google Analytics Tracking to Your Website
- Copy the code that you generated, or was provided to you in its entirety.
- Open your Module Manager via Content>Module Manager
- Select Add New Module.
- From the scrolling list, select Free HTML Content.
- Provide an appropriate Name for the module.
- For Position, select "Footer" if available, otherwise choose "Header". If neither of these options are available, please contact support.
- Theme should be set to Default.
- Click Add & Configure.
- Select the Free HTML Code tab.
- Paste the code you copied into this section.
- If tracking only certain pages, use the Visibility tab to set your preferences.
- Click Save & Close.
- Turn on the light bulb to activate the module.
Note: Some tracking codes can take time before they generate any data. Please be patient and check back in 24 hours. If you are still not receiving data after 24 hours, please use the troubleshooting guide.
Are you looking to Optimize Your Fission Website for 2015? Request a Quote today to get started.