Spring Cleaning For Your Site
Your website is the first impression that you make to prospects and clients. It's the main digital touch point for a sale and your biggest ally against a constantly changing business market. Therefore, you need to be aware of changes in the marketplace to ensure your website is up-to-date and take advantage of current best practices. This is not to say that you need to redesign your site every year but a regular spring cleaning may be in order.
In an effort to keep your site on the leading edge, our team has created a simple check-list (along with several key offerings) designed to boost your web presence quickly and affordably. This process examines the following key areas:
- Is your site looking a bit tired? You don't have to spend big bucks to update your design. Consider adding a slider or visual calls-to-action. Maybe update some pictures here and there to keep your content new and fresh. These are low cost updates that can have a big impact on your site's overall presentation.
- Are you ready for a full redesign? Sometimes starting from scratch is the best solution. Since you're already building a whole new site, we urge you to consider going responsive right out of the gate. While it costs a little more upfront, it will save you (and possible make you) more money in the long run.
- Does your website do what your visitors need and expect it to? Changes you've made to your business or organization may necessitate the addition of features, such as e-shopping carts and catalogs, online donation acceptance,a built-in job board, image galleries and more! If you're customers are in need of other capabilities on your site, you must listen to them. Otherwise, they'll do business with another company whose site meets their goals and objections.
- Is your website mobile-friendly? An increasing number of users rely on mobile devices to access the web. Updating to a responsive website will significantly improve your visitors mobile experience, at little cost to you. Additionally, if your competition is not optimized for web, you increase your chances of customers doing business with you.
- Are you getting the organic search results you want? If you haven't optimized your copy for search, some SEO copy cleanup can help get you back on track. If you're not even sure if SEO is worth it (it definitely is) check out the 6 reasons why you need it.
- Have you been tracking your progress? Measuring and tracking your SEO & PPC efforts can be complicated, but our Fission SEO Monitoring Center simplifies the process and helps you determine the effectiveness of your campaigns.
- Are your profiles accurate? If your clients are local, you need to make sure they can find you. Go LOCAL is a powerful offering that optimizes all your local business pages (Google+ Yelp, Bing, etc.) to ensure they are correct and consistent across the board. Additionally, if you've jumped on the social media band wagon, it's important to figure out which platforms work best for you.
- Does your social presence match your brand? If your social profiles aren't reflecting your brand as well as they could (or should) our design team can help. We'll match your profiles to your website or the theme of your choice for a polished look. There are small changes to make to your social media profiles to ensure you're getting the engagement you want. It's important to stay on trend and not to fall behind!
Bottom line, there are some simple, yet effective ways to make dramatic improvements to your web presence without the need for a complete redesign. Staying current and cleaning out the clutter, while utilizing all of the web services available to you will ensure that you stay on top of your industry and continue to succeed on the web.
Want a Free Website Consultation? Contact 360 PSG Today!